Now, that I've seen the presidential inauguration, I'm totally changing my mind. As I was watching the whole event, I couldn't resist to think 'Gee, this resembles 1963. And that guy? Dr. King would be proud of him, for sure'. When Obama made his speech I was astonished. Not only by what he said, but also by how he said it. It was clearly visible, that he knew exactly what has to be done to revive USA in these days of crisis. People on the grounds of Washington probably had the same impression as the applause seemed to be never-ending. Obama seems to be really confident in his actions, as he started his presidency with really serious steps such as closing the Guantanamo Bay prison.
As the whole event finished I turned on WABC radio, which is one of the most listened to conservative radios in the US, to listen to what conservatives had to say about that day. I wasn't surprise. The only thing that Rush Limbaugh, well-known talk show host, could think of was the mistake Obama made, when he forgot some words while taking the oath. And that was it. Even conservatives, though they didn't want to admit it, were out of arguments. And that's why I'm starting to believe that he is THE guy. I'll be watching him closely and I keep my fingers crossed for him.
Oh, and by the way, isn't his image cool? I mean, in comparison to white-trash-redneck-lame look on Bush's face, he seems to be so calm, yet always with smile on his face and hope in his eyes. And look at this picture. Pacman eating his Mac? Can he get any cooler? :)

1 comment:
he can surely be cooler than this :D he can be ICE COLD :P
Post a Comment